Has someone tempted you to do drugs? Do you think it is easy money to find a supplier of drugs, grab a packet from him and then sell it to different people to earn a huge amount of money? Do you want to try drugs on yourself? Do you want to make someone else addicted to drugs so that they count upon you for their addiction?
If the answer to any of the questions mentioned above is yes, you are yet to read Controlled Substances in Fairfax Virginia laws. If you are found with drugs, you are a criminal, even if you use it on yourself or not. It is like selling addiction to someone for your very own personal motives and gains. No matter how much you are tempted to try drugs or begin selling them for money, no matter what your situation is, no matter how worse your standard of living is because of lack of money and finances, do not get into drugs of any kind. In the end, you are the one who suffers when caught. If you think it is easy for you to “not get caught”, you have got to read how difficult it is for you to get away with drugs in your pockets. It is no simple thing.
- Transporting controlled substances or drugs into the state of Virginia under section 18.2-248.01: 40 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million for this crime are pre-decided by the government!
- Found with controlled substances under section 18.2-250: There are different penalties charged from $250 to $2500 along with one to 10 years in prison when you are caught in this crime.
- Found with marijuana under section 18.2-250.1: It is not legal for you to possess marijuana and thus, you are charged with a fine of up to $2,500 and a jail of 30 days.
- Caught possessing controlled substances for the first time under section 18.2-251: If you are caught selling or possessing drugs for the very first time and if you come as sober during the drug test, you are put on probation, but the case does get filed against you.
- Distributing drugs for free or selling controlled substances to minors under section 18.2-255: You go to jail for 10 to 50 years if you are caught distributing drugs to minors. That’s not all – you also have to bear the penalty of $100,000.
- Selling or distributing controlled substances in and around specific places under section 18.2-255.2: You straight away book your seat in the prison for one to five years along with a penalty of as huge as $100,000 if you are caught selling or distributing drugs in places where they are restricted the most. It is not that drugs are legal in other places, but in this location, the penalty and punishment are higher than in other places.
- Committing any drug-related offense under section 18.2-256: Violating any section of the Drug Control Act leads to minimum and maximum fines for the individual.
- Initiating a drug-related offense of any kind under section 18.2-257: You go to jail for up to 6 months with a fine of up to $1,000.